Effective starting: May 25, 2018
We wrote this policy to help you understand:
- What information we collect about you
- How we use information we collect
- How and when we share information we collect
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
- How to access and control your information
Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
Downloadable Products: Augumenta’s downloadable software products, such as Augumenta Interaction Platform SDK and different smartglass applications available in app stores.
Website: Augumenta’s website augumenta.com and any related sub-domains and pages.
Augumenta Services include our Website and Downloadable Products.
What information we collect about you
Information you provide to us. We collect the following information:
Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you and your company as you register for an account or make purchases. Information we collect includes:
- Contact information such as email address
- Billing information such as name, credit card details, billing address and VAT number
In some cases another user (such as a team leader or system administrator) may create an account on your behalf and may provide your information (most commonly when your company requests that you use our products).
User Files: We store user-uploaded files and user-created data for the sole purpose of providing Augumenta Services to you. See more on how we store and secure information we collect
Technical information we collect when you use our products
Web Logs: When you use our website, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address (IP), the address of the web pages you visited, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request and cookie data.
Error Reporting and Usage Statistics from Downloadable Products:
We collect error reporting information when you use our downloadable products to help us improve our products and services. When the software encounters certain errors, it will automatically send troubleshooting information to our servers about the error. Additionally, we collect basic usage statistics of non-paid versions of Downloadable Products. Information we collect includes:
- Error information about the application that failed including stack trace information
- Operating system information such as RAM allocation, hostname, currently logged in username.
- Product information such as the name and version of the Downloadable Product.
- Basic usage statistics that indicate which Downloadable Product features are most commonly used (applies to non-paid versions of Downloadable Products only)
Cookies and Tracking Technologies: Augumenta and our third party partners, such as our analytics partners, use various technologies to collect information, such as cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g., web beacons, device identifiers and pixels) to provide functionality and to recognize you across different Services. For more information, please see our Cookies and Tracking Notice, which includes information on how to control cookies and tracking technologies.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide the Augumenta Services to you.
- We use your Internet protocol (IP) address to prevent fraud.
- We use your Contact information, such as email address and a phone number, to communicate with you and provide you with customer support.
- We use your Billing information to (1) provide you with an invoice; (2) allow you to pay the fees for using your product; (3) managing your account;
- We use your Operating system information and Error information to fix software defects and improve our products.
How and when we share information
- We share your Billing information and Contact information with the payment processing companies we use.
- We share your IP address with payment and security services to help us identify fraud.
However, we NEVER share User Files with any third party provider or any individual outside your organization.
Some information we acquire may be collected by third party providers on our behalf.
Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Augumenta Services; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
How we store and secure information we collect
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
How long we keep information
Account and Payment Information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services.
User Files: All user-uploaded files and user-created data will be saved until you personally delete them or your account has been removed. Output files created by Augumenta Services are kept for a reasonable time allowing you to download them. If you are a part of an organization, your files may be shared with other members of your organization if you have decided to make them public. All user-uploaded files and user-created data will be saved for backup purposes, so that we can guarantee high availability of Augumenta Services.
How we transfer information we collect internationally
Augumenta is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside of your home country, including to the EU, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those in your home country.
How to access and control your information
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us. If you’re an EEA user, you can:
- Access the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information. We send information that is relevant to our existing and prospective customers and partners, but if you’d rather we don’t, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Finnish Data Protection Board or with your local supervisory authority.
The data controller you should contact is Augumenta OY, a Finnish company with its registered office at Tutkijantie 4 A, 90590 Oulu, Finland, with business identity code FI25069303.
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org